Now if you have read those, keep reading....
Hardcover: 384 pages
Published by Disney Hyperion Books on October 6, 2009
With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.
First off the product description/synopsis does this book no justice! I think they were doing their best to describe the book without spoilers and I'm afraid it will be impossible to give my thoughts on this book without some spoilers as well. If you have not read the other books, please do so.
I usually do not like long standing series and become agitated with a story line that never ends, but Cruz has done well evolving her storyline and her characters and the Blue Blood books just continue to get better.
- Schuyler's presence in this book isn't as prevalent as the others, but her role is significant in the actions of others.
- Oliver grows up a lot in this story; he makes tough decisions and finds that he can survive as a result. I just want to give him a big hug at the end.
- I almost thought that Jack was going to be left out of this book entirely, but was very pleased to see him return. The chemistry between Jack and Schuyler can never be repressed! Muahahahahah!
- Mimi's character is very strong in this book and while we all just cringe at her final remark in the book, I have to remember that she will always be a villian; that is her nature as Azrael, the Angel of Death.
- Bliss really steps up her role play in this book. I was thrilled with her maturity that occurred with the realization of what she must do.
- Finally, the action in this story is basically a character all by itself. Nuff said.
Currently, the fifth book, Misguided Angel is set to be released Fall 2010 and the sixth book, Wolf Pact is set to be released Spring 2011.