A few things today and they all involve lists:
One...I can't believe that half of the year is officially over! Looking at my five goals for the year, here is where I stand:
- "I will purchase my first pair of high heel pumps and I will learn to walk in them." DONE! I actually have 2 pairs of the pointy toe style, one pair of espadrilles, and one pair traditional summer dress sandal style. I don't wear them everyday, but I'd say 3 out of 5 days of the work week I do.
- "I will sell my house" NO. My house was on the market for 6 months and I didn't get a single offer. Boo. For now, its off the market, but I may sign again in August.
- "I will lose weight." Negative plus 10. I've actually gained weight this year. I suck. Sitting all day at work plus sitting all night writing or reading does have its disadvantages. I need that program where you talk into a recorder and the recorder transfers it into your word program for you. That would rock.
- "I will read 52 books." My current count is 17 and I'm halfway through number 18. Writing has taken up a lot of my reading time. We'll see if I catch up before year end.
- "I will write 15,000 words each month during the months of January through June." DONE! I'll actually write a whole new blog on that some other time.
Okay...now for # TWO...
I just found out about this band and I'm not sure why I've never paid attention to them before...
Third...Natasha at Book Mark Your Thoughts gave moi an award. Kick a$$! And this one is pretty much me for sure! A Versatile Blogger is exactly what I am...I blog about it all :)
So here's the rules with the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...)
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
Alright bloggers! Seven things about me (and I'm trying not to repeat myself from others I've done, so I'll try not to be completely boring):
- I am four years behind on my scrapbooking and I fear I will never catchup.
- I buy my children obnoxious t shirts that say stuff like "Yes, I'm spoiled, so what's your point?"
- I'm way too hard on myself, know that I am, but can't nor won't change it.
- I HATE people who are know-it-all's. I simply want to punch them in the face, but I'm a completely non-violent kind of person.
- I claim to be a neat freak, but my house is almost always dirty.
- Exactly one month ago, I turned off our cable. We have nothing and its freeing! My kids watch DVDs or play video games and I don't really watch TV anyway, so it works for us.
- Ideally, I'd like to decorate my house in punk-like pink and black, guitars, or crazed skulls and such, but the "desperate housewife" stigma that plagues me won't let up!Therefore my walls are maple, my couch is brown, the pillows are deep red and my artwork are flowers. Someone please help me!
- Marisa at Elegant Bloggery: Living the Creative Life - She is delightful and oh so talented!
- Shana at Mankind's Fascination with Self-Expression - My sister, so I have to love her :) Besides, she is also uber talented and my biggest cheerleader.
- Stacey Jay, the author - her personal blog. She never fails to make me smile.
- Jenn at Book Crazy - She's built up quite a following in short amount of time. A master blogger! When/if I'm ready for that, she'll be the first person I call.
- Hope at Lilliputian's Journey to Publication - "Recently met via Twitter" local who writes and reads and is basically awesome.
Hope the first half of your year has treated you well!